**Fire Permits are required between April 1st and October 31st**
Fire Permits are available at the following locations:
MUNICIPALITY OF EAST FERRIS FIRE DEPARTMENT
You may also print and complete the Open Air Permit below and drop it off or fax (705-752-2452) to the Municipal Office. There is a drop box slot on the main door at the office. Please ensure the Fire Chief has a copy of the permit you print off.
OPEN AIR Fire Permit can be downloaded or printed off.
Pursuant to Open Air Burning By-law NO. 1832 and subject to the limitations thereof, and subject also to the terms and conditions herein, this permit is issued to:
Applicant’s Name: ___________________________________________
Registered Owner’s Name: ___________________________________________
Location of Burn: Lot _______ Conc. _______
Civic Address: _______________________________
I, the undersigned, make application for an Open Air Fire Burning Permit, pursuant to By-law No. 1832, and I confirm that the material to be burned meets the requirement of the Environmental Protection Act, and the conditions under which the burn will take place, meets the requirements of By-law No. 1832. I also hereby assume full responsibility for any damage caused directly or indirectly by an uncontrolled fire and I waive any claim against the Corporation of the Municipality of East Ferris and agree to save the Corporation of the Municipality of East Ferris harmless against all claims which may be brought as a result of damages caused by a fire permit pursuant to By-law No. 1832. I hereby agree to pay the penalty or fee levied by the Fire Department in connection with a violation of By-law No. 1832, and/or the costs for extinguishing an out of control fire.
This Permit is valid from and including the _____ day of __________, ______ to and including the ______ day of ___________, ______, subject to the following terms and conditions:
(1) This Permit is issued for the purpose of: Brush Burning ___, Incinerator___,
Land clearing ___, Other __________________.
(2) The Permittee shall keep this permit at the site of the open air fire for which it was issued, and shall produce & show this permit to the Fire Chief or his/her designates if requested.
(3) The amount to be burned at any one time shall not exceed two (2) acres or two (2) piles.
(4) All slash and land clearing debris shall be in piles or windrows, separated by a distance of at least thirty (30) feet.
(5) This Permit is not valid between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 6:00 P.M. local time, on any day.
(6) The Permittee shall have at the location of the open air fire, sufficient manpower and equipment in serviceable condition to ensure the fire does not get out of control.
(7) Other conditions: ___________________________________
Date of issue: ________________________, _______.
Signature of Permittee Signature of Issuing Officer
|< Prev||Next >|